This new release of the Qualys Cloud Platform (VM, PC), version 8.20.1, includes support for new technologies and platforms, addition of new technology for Windows UDCs as well as an update in an existing option name (“Scan agent hosts in my target”) in the Launch Vulnerability Scan page.
Qualys Policy Compliance (PC/SCA)
- Support for New Technologies – Qualys now supports the following new technologies on assets for which data is collected using Qualys Out-of-Band Configuration Assessment (OCA):
- CISCO UCS Manager 2
- Symantec SGOS 6
- HPE 3PAR OS 3
- Comware 5 and 7
- ArubaOS 6
- Navigate to the Reports tab and run the Policy Compliance Report and Authentication Report on these technologies to view your compliance posture.
- New Technology Support for Windows UDCs – With this release, users can create UDCs for Windows 2019 Server. Navigate to Policies > Controls > New > Control and select any of the Windows control types. Scroll down to the Control Technologies section to provide a rationale statement and expected value for each technology.
The “Windows 2019 Server” option is displayed in the Search technologies list while creating a policy.
- PostgreSQL 11.x Support – Qualys has extended its support for PostgreSQL authentication to include PostgreSQL 11.x. PostgreSQL 9.x and 10.x are already supported.
Users need a PostgreSQL authentication record to authenticate to a PostgreSQL database instance running on a Unix host, and scan it for compliance. Unix authentication is required, so users also need a Unix record for the host running the database. This record type is only available in accounts with PC or SCA and is only supported for compliance scans.
The “PostgreSQL 11.x” option is displayed in the Search technologies list while creating a new policy.
Users can also see “PostgreSQL 11.x” while searching controls by technologies.
Qualys Cloud Platform
- Renamed Scan Agent Hosts Option (VM, PC) – In the Target Hosts section of the Launch Vulnerability Scan and New Scheduled Vulnerability can pages, the option “Temporarily add agent addresses not currently in my subscription” has been renamed to “Temporarily add agent addresses”. This option temporarily adds the IP addresses of any agents in your target to your subscription for this scan only.
The option is visible only if Qualys Cloud Agent is enabled for your subscription.