Qualys Cloud Platform 2.26 New Features
Last updated on: June 3, 2020
This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.26 includes updates and new features for Cloud Agent, AssetView, Security Assessment Questionnaire and Web Application Scanning as follows:
Cloud Agent Platform
- View Module Activation Job Status – adds a button in Agent Management tab to display a dialog with current running activation jobs and their completion status when activating or deactivating modules for agents
- Microsoft Azure Security Center Linux Cloud Agent Support – adds support to integrate the Linux Cloud Agent installation and vulnerability reporting into the Microsoft Azure Security Center (ASC) interface similar to the Windows Cloud Agent
- Bulk Tagging Assets From Search – You can now bulk assign static tags within the AssetView search results list. Simply select the assets you wish to tag, and choose “Add Tags” in the Actions menu. Update: this feature has been moved to 2.28
- lastVmScanDate and lastComplianceScanDate – We have added two additional search tokens to AssetView which allow you to track assets by the last time a VM scan or PC scan was completed against the asset.
- Suffix Matching – AssetView has been enhanced to allow suffix matching on name and tags.name. This means you can search for names that send with a specific string, such as “name:*.qualys.com” or “tags.name:*DEV”.
Security Assessment Questionnaire
- Dynamic Questionnaire/Question Gating – Questions can now be configured to be dynamically shown or hidden based on a response to a single question or responses to a combination of questions in a questionnaire.
Web Application Scanning
- Custom Inline Comments for Whitelists and Blacklists – With this release customers can now enter verbose custom comments along with their whitelist and blacklists scanning entries. This will visibly aid users on why specific blacklists or whitelists entries were created.
- More Granular Permissions for Editing a Web Application – Customers need to be able to edit permissions and roles on a granular level. We have added the ability to increase this level of detail by creating a Edit Web Application URL and Edit and Lock/Unlock Scanner Appliance permissions.
- Ability to Change From Address in Scheduled Reports – Qualys WAS now allows customers the ability to change the From address scheduled reports are sent from. This improvement aids in integration with email gateway customizations.
API updates are also included with this release:
Qualys Cloud Suite 2.26 Notification 1
The specific day for deployment will differ depending on the platform. Release Dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
For more details about the above feature, please review the release notes available on the Qualys Suite Release Notes page.